‹ Back to search results
Associate Veterinarian Job, Savannah, Georgia
Exciting opportunity for an associate veterinarian to join a purpose built, industry leading and independently owned hospital situated in the vibrant coastal city of Savannah, Georgia
Are you a Veterinarian with a passion for providing the highest level of care to your patients and their owners? Are you looking for the next step in your career and wanting a rewarding and enjoyable opportunity where you can continue to develop your skills in small animal work with the support and guidance of a highly experienced and friendly team? Then look no further.
Here at Prospect Health we are working with a well-established yet relatively new hospital that opened its doors just 5 years ago and has since built up a lovely, loyal client base in the area. Situated within the heart of Savannah, a city steeped in culture and known for its art, period architecture, trendy boutiques and most of all, it's seafood cuisine, the location is perfect for someone living close to the city centre, though transport links make it accessible to those living further afield. Being so close to the coast makes this an ideal place for beach lovers too!
Due to continued success they are looking for an additional Veterinarian to join what is already and large team of 7 Veterinarians that between them have a wealth of experience. The hospital itself is the project of two owners (Veterinarians themselves) who after years or working in the veterinary sector, took the experience they'd gained to bring a new and refreshing option to pet owners in Savannah. They have invested heavily in equipment to ensure patients receive the best outcome possible.
Facilities include endoscopy, laparoscopy, abdominal and cardiac ultrasound, digital radiology, a fully equipped in-house lab and pharmacy. The practice is spacious and air-conditioned and houses 3 large operating theatres, 10 consult rooms, a large prep area, and a waiting room big enough for plenty of pets.
The role is full time with a 40hr week spread over 5 days, though there is flexibility in the working pattern to suit your preferences. Those looking for part-time are also encouraged to apply as 3 or 4 days can be considered. For your commitment to providing the highest level of service to your clients, you'll receive an excellent package including a very competitive salary in recognition of previous experience, as well as an industry leading vacation allowance giving you plenty of time to enjoy the nearby beaches of Tybee Island!
- Large purpose build and independently owned hospital housing 3 large operating theatres, 10 consulting rooms and a large prep area.
- Friendly and close-knit team of 7 Veterinary Doctors who between them have a wealth of experience.
- Modern and up-to-date equipment including: endoscopy, laparoscopy, abdominal and cardiac ultrasound, digital radiology, a fully equipped in-house lab and pharmacy.
- Full time 40hrs per week with but with flexibility to suit your preferences.
- Part time can also be considered for those looking for 3 or 4 days per week
Package and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary including 25% production
- Healthcare cover
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education allowance
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Will consider new graduates but ideally looking for 2 years minimum clinical experience
- An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike. Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as the surgical suite.
- A Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) from an accredited university
- License in good standing to practice in Georgia
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.