‹ Back to search results
Associate Veterinarian Role, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Outstanding opportunity for a Veterinary Doctor looking for a rewarding career within a state-of-the-art hospital in a lovely part of Augusta.
Are you an Augusta based Veterinary Doctor looking for a rewarding career at one of the best small animal hospital in the area? Do you want to work for a company that truly value their staff? Well if so, you've just stumbled across the perfect opportunity!
Prospect Health are proud to partner with a leading veterinary care provider in Augusta, a city known for its warm, welcoming people and vast array of things to do, with over 100 restaurants, dozens of galleries and museums, and a plethora of live music and performing arts venues. The hospital is a new purpose built facility located centrally and just a short walk from the lovely Savannah River. Established just 4 years ago, the hospital has already built a lovely and loyal client base as a result of the reputation that they have forged through providing a bespoke and personal level of care to each and every pet that enters the practice.
The building itself houses 9 large consult rooms, 4 operating theatres, a dental suite and an imaging suite, separate wards for each species and a spacious waiting area - all air conditioned to maintain the highest levels of hygiene. You'll have all the equipment you could need to provide the best outcome to the pets that you treat including endoscopy, laparoscopy, abdominal and cardiac ultrasound, digital radiology, a fully equipped in-house lab, pharmacy and much more. The existing team is made up of 10 doctors with varying levels of experience and interests. There is also a fully trained team of technicians and front of house staff that all contribute to making it a fun and vibrant place to work.
On offer for the right person is an exceptional package consisting of an industry leading salary, unrivalled vacation leave giving you one of the best work/life balances we've ever seen at Prospect Health, staff discounts, bonus schemes and plenty of out-of-work social events including fully paid for team trips to the local bars and restaurants. We are looking for someone to join on a full time basis (40hrs per week) however there is some flexibility in the working pattern and those looking for part time work (3 or 4 days a week) are also encouraged to apply.
- State-of-the-art hospital situated in a lovely part of Augusta, just a short walk from the Savannah River
- Excellent facilities including endoscopy, laparoscopy, abdominal and cardiac ultrasound, digital radiology, a fully equipped in-house lab, pharmacy and much more
- Friendly, experienced and welcoming team of 10 veterinary doctors with varying levels of experience
- Fully trained team of technicians and reception staff who all help to make it a lovely place to work
- Full time (40hrs per week) with flexible working pattern to fit around your commitments
- Part time can also be considered for the right person
Package and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Healthcare cover
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education allowance
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Will consider new graduates but ideally looking for 2 years minimum clinical experience
- An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike.
- Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as the surgical suite.
- A Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) from an accredited university
- License in good standing to practice in Georgia
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.