‹ Back to search results
Associate Veterinarian Role, Charlotte, North Carolina
Are you an ambitious Veterinarian searching for a job in a state-of-the-art hospital, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, to match your ambitions?
Prospect Health are working with a well-established, AAHA accredited busy 16 doctor hospital in one of the most up and coming cities in America. More recently known as the 'baby Atlanta' Charlotte is a busy, vibrant city just a couple of hours away from the beach and stunning mountains. So, whatever your interests outside of work there is plenty for you and your family to enjoy!
The hospital itself is a state-of-the-art facility and only in the last four years did they move to a brand-new, purpose-built site. With over 30,000 square feet the hospital offers large working spaces with plenty of toys, equipment and further room to grow! The hospital boasts some amazing facilities and equipment such as 11 spacious examination rooms, endoscopy, laparoscopy, abdominal and cardiac ultrasound, digital radiology, a fully equipped in-house lab and pharmacy, two surgical suites, two dental suites, as well as radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroid felines, acupuncture and a full canine rehabilitation facility.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work within a multi-doctor hospital, to be fully supported and encouraged to practice the best possible medicine, then this is the hospital and opportunity for you! Clinical interests are actively encouraged and will be supported with mentorship, exposure to the relevant cases and further education. You will be working alongside 16 likeminded doctors with a varied range of clinical interests including two certificate holders and their very own emergency team.
We are looking for a qualified doctor with a minimum of two years minimum experience within a clinical setting.
The team is made up of very motivated, hardworking Veterinarians who believe in delivering exceptional quality care. We are looking for individuals who are team-oriented, communicate well with clients and staff, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
On a daily basis you will be delivering the best possible care both medically and surgically. The hospital pride themselves on their clients and their animal companions always receiving gentle and compassionate care he or she deserves, whether it's a simple vaccination or a complex surgery that requires intensive treatment.
We can tailor a role to suit your clinical interests and needs, so if you are more medically minded, we can tailor a position with zero surgical duties. If you have more of a surgical bias then we can provide a higher caseload based around surgery, like wise any other interests can be factored in for example exotics which they deal with and have two dedicated doctors.
We are ideally looking for full time employees which is a 40-hour working week across 5 days, but we can consider part time employment from 2 days to 4 days a week! There would be no emergency shifts required due to their fantastic night and emergency team already in place.
- Determines nature of disease or injury by examining pets.
- Practice the best possible care by treating pets surgically or medically
- Promotes health of pets by advising the clients about sanitation measures, feeding, and general care
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and patient records; reporting diseases to public health officials
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances veterinary clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Knowledge of Animal Behaviour, Animal Husbandry, Basic Safety, Documentation Skills, Exceptional Client Service, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Use of Medical Technologies, Job Knowledge, Judgment, Integrity, Verbal Communication
Package and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary including 25% production
- Healthcare cover
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education allowance
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Will consider new graduates but ideally looking for 2 years minimum clinical experience
- An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike. Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as the surgical suite.
- A Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) from an accredited university
- License in good standing to practice in North Carolina
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity.
All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.