‹ Back to search results
Associate Veterinarian Role, Jacksonville, Florida
Prospect Health are proud to be working in partnership with a well established, fast growing and busy practice, based in Jacksonville, Florida with a family-like atmosphere where best practice are shared and implemented who are looking to fill an associate Veterinarian job.
The practice is seeking a caring and hard-working Associate Veterinarian who is looking to work alongside a team of 4 doctors with over 50 year of clinical experience between them. This is a great opportunity for an Associate Veterinarian to join a well established practice that focuses its goals around its clients and staff, and that dedicate themselves to providing top-notch personalized veterinary care in an environment that is both welcoming and comfortable.
The practice prides itself on being able to offer its staff the autonomy that you need to practice hight quality medicine, with opportunities to work with a varied and interesting caseload, including exotic animals if you have an interest in this area.
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work alongside a multi-doctor practice, with support and a family nurturing attitude, then this is the next step for you.
We are looking for a compassionate and experienced Associate Veterinarian that is passionate about providing the best outcome for their patients and they highest level of service to their owners. The Associate Veterinarian's responsibilities include explaining the diagnoses and course of treatments to pet owners, preparing pets for surgery, and administering immunizations. You should also be confident answering pet owner's questions and able to educate new pet owners on general pet care.
To be successful as an Associate Veterinarian, you should be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in animal medicine. Ultimately, an exceptional Associate Veterinarian should display a sound knowledge of animal healthcare and treat all pets with compassion and love.
- Able to examine animals to assess their health and diagnose the cause of illness
- Treat and dress wounds
- Perform surgery on animals
- Spaying and neutering pets
- Test for and vaccinate against disease
- Operate a range of medical equipment such as x-ray machines
- Updating pet records following each treatment and medical procedure
Package and Benefits
- Medical and dental insurance
- $50,000 signing bonus and/ or retention student loan repayment
- Paid time off
- Continuing education allowance (where applicable to practice needs)
- Relocation support
- 401 (k) contributions = 100% match up to 5%
- Highly competitive base salary including 20% production
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- 2 years minimum clinical experience needed
- An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike.
- Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as the surgical suite.
- A Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) from an accredited university
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- State veterinarian license
- The ability to think and act quickly
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.