‹ Back to search results
Associate Veterinary Surgeon Role, Tampa, Florida
A modern veterinary practice in Tampa, Florida are looking to fill a Veterinarian Job specializing in the care of small animals with opportunity to work with a number of exotic animals
The practice offers complete medical and surgical care in a new and well-equipped facility.
They value their staff as well as their clients in a sense that makes staff dedicated, and keeps clients coming back over the years.
Their mission is to be dedicated to exemplary veterinary medicine, patient care, client services and employee well-being; while maintaining honesty, integrity, profitability, and community involvement.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for internal medicine and diagnostic imaging, and a strong desire to work up cases in a hospital that is well equipped to support gold standard medicine. Interest in mentorship is a bonus.
The practice is located in a coastal metropolis location in southeasten Florida, United States. With a large population being the 44th-largest city in the United States and the core of the nation's eighth-largest metropolitan area.
The metro area is by far the largest urban economy in Florida and the 12th largest in the United States.
The city has various lands operated by the National Park Service, the Florida Division of Recreation and Parks. With tropical weather allows for year-round outdoor activities. The city has numerous marinas, rivers, bays, canals, and the Atlantic Ocean, which make boating, sailing, and fishing popular outdoor activities. Biscayne Bay has numerous coral reefs that make snorkelling and scuba diving popular.
There are over 80 parks and gardens in the city. The largest and most popular parks are Bayfront Park and Museum Park (located in the heart of Downtown and the location of the American Airlines Arena and Bayside Marketplace), Tropical Park, Peacock Park, Virginia Key, and Watson Island.
If you are a passionate and caring team player please apply today!
The facility has a fully equipped in-house laboratory suite including Sedivue urinalysis reader. Digital dental and whole body radiology equipment. All radiography read by a boarded radiologist through teleradiology service.
You will be working in a purpose-built newly refurbished hospital, state of the art facility with large operating theatres, large air conditioned consult rooms, hydrotherapy unit, imaging suit, dental suit, a large prep area and separate wards designated for each species designed to reduce the stress of the animals
Their doctors experience a diverse case load, well beyond the everyday annual vaccines and new puppy exam. Although the majority of our practice is small companion animal, there is the option to see exotics cases should you have an interest in this area
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings
- Assists the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet
Package and Benefits
- Sign-on Bonus Offered!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- License in good standing to practice in the state of in which applicant is applying
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practising the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.