‹ Back to search results
Small Animal Vet Independently Owned Hospital Opportunity, West Cheshire
Small Animal Opportunity at an Independently Owned Hospital in West Cheshire, Open to New Grads with dedicated support and development opportunities!
A new opportunity at an independently owned tier 3 hospital in West Cheshire has become available and we are looking for a friendly and committed small animal vet to join their team. Situated within 20 minutes of the historic city of Chester and the Wirral, this 14-vet practice has been established in the local area for over 45 years. Over this time, they have built a lovely and largely insured client base, allowing cases to be worked thoroughly to provide the best outcome for your patients.
The hospital is surrounded by 5 nearby consult-only branch sites (all within 15 minutes of the hospital) and vets spend time between both, with all expenses for travelling between the sites fully paid for. This offers the perfect balance between being able to build relationships with your clients, while also being able to work cases up with access to hospital facilities. There is very little sole charge work as even the branch sites are usually staffed by more than one vet.
The successful applicant will be joining a team comprising of multiple certificate holders as well as having support from visiting diplomats in cardiology, imaging and surgery. In addition to this, you'll also have access to state-of-the-art facilities including digital X-ray, ultrasound, ECG, ophthalmology equipment, surgical tools, a visiting CT scanner and much more, meaning its very rare you will have to refer anything elsewhere.
Aside from the great time and excellent facilities, this practice is a great place to work with no targets just excellent patient care. Vets are required to take part in a very fairly shared and relatively quiet on call, available to clients only.
They understand that being on-call isn't for everyone, and for that reason they have set up a dedicated night team that manage inpatients and triage calls, meaning as a vet you will only ever be called if it is for a genuine reason. You'll also benefit form a 4-day week and a good weekend rota giving you a good work/life balance.
On offer is an excellent package which includes a competitive salary in recognition of previous experience, support to progress in your preferred area of interest (up to certificate level) plus a car and accommodation if required! If you are interested in this opportunity, simply apply below or contact us for a confidential chat to find out more.
- One of the only independent tier 3 hospitals in North Wales/Cheshire
- Established over 25 years ago and still proudly independent
- Experienced team of 14 vets all with a great working relationship making it a fun and vibrant place to work
- Visiting diplomats in Cardiology, Imagine and Surgery
- Multiple certificate holders/working towards certificates
- Excellent facilities including DR X-ray which connects straight to computer, tonopens, ECG, ultrasound, surgical facilities, visiting CT scanner
- 4-day week
- Fairly shared on-call rota for clients only (not the general public) with inpatients managed and calls triaged by a dedicated night team
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary in recognition of previous experience
- Support to progress up to certificate level
- Friendly and sociable team
- 5-days fully funded CPD
- Professional membership fees paid
- Super cool black scrubs that look like Ninja suits!
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 12 months experience, although less will be considered
- Good communication skills and friendly and proactive attitude
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.