‹ Back to search results
Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon Role, Hull
J149183_1679188591 East Riding of Yorkshire England Negotiable
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a lovely, forward-thinking independent practice in Hull. Four-day week, friendly, experienced, and supportive team, five weeks holiday.
A two-site practice in Hull is currently looking to add a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to their excellent six vet team.
The proud independent is split across two sites in Hull, with both Veterinary Directors having been with the practice for over 15 years.
The team has a nice blend of youth and experience, currently consisting of six vets and five (soon to be six) RVN's, as well as a superb support team. There is a diverse set of clinical interests in the team making the practice an excellent place to learn and bounce ideas around. The team look after each other and treat one another like family.
The practice is well equipped across both sites with all the basics, digital x-ray, ultrasound, lab equipment (for in house blood work), biochemistry, cytology, eye/blood pressure monitoring. Although well-equipped in its own right, the practice is continually upgrading and updating their equipment and facilities, with a new ECG set to be installed and one of sites set to undergo a revamp to add an extra consultation room and centralised op room.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with the day-to-day including routine surgery and consulting, however support is readily available if needed for the more complex procedures
- Consulting days typically consist of several consulting blocks broken up with longer breaks throughout the day. Surgery days typically operate during the day and then consult after 5pm. Agreements can be reached if you wish to pursue a bias in medicine/surgery
- The role is a four-day week, split across 8:30am-5pm and 8:30am-7pm days
- There is one night on call a week, one weekend on call in five, two Saturday mornings in five (but one of those is on call). Nurses are always on call as well and a second on-call surgeon can be available if needed. The Directors ensure the rota is very fair to all vets
Package and Benefits
- The salary is competitive and dependent on experience
- Accommodation including bills is available (or an allowance if preferred)
- Christmas bonuses
- Five weeks holiday
- CPD is very much supported and encouraged, including certificates, and can be discussed. The practice encourages all members of the team to pursue their own interests
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- No set years of experience, but the candidate should be comfortable with the basics/day-to-day with support available for more complex procedures
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest. All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent. Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Veterinary team on 01423 813453.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Veterinary Jobs