‹ Back to search results
Exciting Associate Veterinarian Opportunity, Columbus, Georgia
Exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Veterinary doctor to join one of the best hospitals in Columbus.
Calling all Veterinarians in Columbus! (Or looking to relocate to the area). Here at Prospect Health, we are proud to be working with an exciting, well-established and independently owned Veterinary hospital in the heart of Columbus, a city packed with plenty to do from museums, music venues, restaurants and trail routes. If you are looking for a rewarding career in a practice built on family values and a genuine desire to provide the highest level of care to your pets, then look no further.
In joining this practice, you'll become part of a friendly and sociable team of 10 Veterinary doctors with varying levels of experience and a range of different small animal clinical interests. The wider team also includes 12 fully trained, dedicated, and compassionate technicians and a welcoming team of front of house staff. You'll have access to all the equipment you could need to provide the best outcome for the pets that you treat including digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, orthopaedic and laparoscopic instruments and much more.
The practice itself has recently benefited from heavy investments in refurbishment and expansion, bringing the total usable space of the practice to over 30,000sqft. Within that is 12 bright and spacious consult rooms, 4 state-of-the-art operating theatres, a separate imaging suit, dental suit, cat and dog wards, prep area, and a new groom room where pets are really looked after.
Aside from all the fancy facilities and extra qualifications amongst the team, what really separates this hospital from the rest is the dynamic between the team. An emphasis on fostering a working atmosphere that is genuinely enjoyable is at the heart of everything they do. The staff are regularly treated to team bonding activities, dining out, group quizzes during breaks, games nights and much more. The management team operate a door-always-open policy where honesty and suggestions are listened to and most importantly, acted on. Being a Veterinary doctor is far more than just a job, it's a vocation, and the management team know this, that's why they do everything they can to support you day in and day out.
In return for your commitment to being a caring and professional Veterinarian, you'll be offered an excellent package including an industry leading salary, plenty of vacation time to enjoy your out of work hobbies, the opportunity to continue your Veterinary education and much more. If this advertisement sounds like it is ticking all your boxes, then there is a reason for that, it's because this is a truly unique opportunity. Apply below or contact us for a confidential chat to find out more.
- Independently owned small animal hospital in the historic city of Columbus
- Experienced, caring, and friendly team of 10 doctors supported by a team of fully trained technicians and support staff
- Modern and recently refurbished hospital with excellent facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, orthopaedic and laparoscopic instruments and much more
- Extremely supportive and sociable working environment built on family values and a desire to provide the highest level of care to the pets of Columbus
- Full time position (40hrs per week) though part time can also be considered (3- or 4-day week)
Package and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education allowance
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Will consider new graduates but ideally looking for 2 years minimum clinical experience
- An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike. Is passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as the surgical suite.
- A Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) from an accredited university
- License in good standing to practice in Georgia
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity.
All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.