‹ Back to search results
Family Medicine Consultant Role, Saudi Arabia
Our client offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and Outpatient services, and they are focussed on overcoming any health challenges faced by the various communities they serve.
On behalf of our esteemed client, Prospect Health is searching for suitable candidates to work as a Family Medicine/General Practice Consultant to provide continuing and comprehensive health care for families and individuals in an ambulatory care setting within the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia, Eastern Province.
Principle duties will include:
- Daily contact with patients, nurses, and other physicians in order to achieve a coordinated and comprehensive care service
- Follow-up with patients throughout their treatment
- Perform physical examinations
- Order relevant tests, x-rays and procedures and interpret results
- Order or apply preventative measures
- Make recommendations on fitness for employment
- Advise of patients of limitations in capacity to perform work duties because of health issues
- Able to manage Paediatric clinics and diagnose common childhood illnesses as well as any life-threatening conditions
- Competent in performing age-appropriate examinations and highlighting any abnormal developments
- Safely prescribe medicine for paediatrics
- Utilise appropriate resources including investigations and referrals for secondary care
- Ability to determine cases that constitute as an emergency and to provide the appropriate treatment that is required, quickly and efficiently
- Advise Nursing personnel, regarding medical problems
- Respond to radio or telephone calls from remote areas requiring sound medical advice and occasionally accompany ambulance in response to outside emergencies
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement activities
- Attend continuing medical education meetings as time permits
- Provide patient care in accordance with the best available practice
- Primary Medical Degree from a Western approved school of medicine
- Residence training and speciality recognition in Family Medicine with minimum one-year additional training in Emergency Medicine from programs and professional colleges in USA, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, New Zealand, or Australia or equivalent with at least three years of full-time practice in emergency Medicine
- Residence training and speciality recognition in Family Medicine from programs and professional colleges in USA, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom, New Zealand, or Australia or equivalent with at least five years of full-time practice in emergency Medicine
- Tax free salary
- Housing allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Mobility allowance
- Travel allowance
At least 2 years as full-time physician in Family Medicine since residency
Be familiar with industrial factors (e.g., noise, toxic substances) that may produce disease or dysfunction
- Proficient in English
- Good physical and mental condition
- Current medical licence from country of origin
- Arabic preferred but not essential
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.