‹ Back to search results
Dispensing Optician / Optical Assistant Role, Cheadle
Exclusive new Dispensing Optician / Optical Assistant vacancy near Cheadle offering opportunity to join expanding future focussed family run independent business, put own stamp on proactive operations and be rewarded with superb remuneration up to 30,000 for highly experienced candidates!
Working with this established and reputable employer you will be able to contribute both towards the enhanced clinical services offered by the practice and also their day to day operations management ranging from staff training, organising clinics, taking the lead on new marketing and promotional activities, liaising with the business owners amongst various other senior responsibilities.
The main focus of the practice is to offer in-depth, bespoke customer service in order to ensure maximum client satisfaction. To assist you achieving this goal the practice will be offering extended test times 30 - 60 minutes and an extensive produce range of both high end lenses and frames.
While you do not have to be a qualified Dispensing Optician to apply for this role, you will be comfortable dispensing at all levels where required and be able to manage an experienced and tenured Optical team to great success.
This is a rare opportunity in a fantastic location and would recommend applying early to avoid disappointment.
- A diverse role requiring both dispensing/clinical expertise and ability to undertake operations management of a growing independent practice with responsibility for circa 4 heads.
- Immediately you will be recognised as the Senior colleague on site in the absence of the business owners with responsibility of the day to day operations of the business.
- This a superb service focussed optics business where patient satisfaction is the number one concern, so all candidates must be personable and be able to build strong rapports with colleagues and clients alike.
- The role offers general working hours of 9am-5:30pm with no evenings, Sundays or bank holiday working and very limited weekends. (Initially will be mid week only and thereafter maximum requirements of alternate Saturdays working).
Package and Benefits
- Basic salary up to circa £30,000
- 20 days holiday + bank + guaranteed week off over Christmas/
- New Year
- Ongoing salary reviews and incentive sin line with practice business performance
- Relaxed non targeted independent practice where you can focus on the needs of your clients and colleagues with freedom of choice from a number of leading lens and frame manufacturers
- All professional fees fully paid
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Qualified DO or years of proven optical dispensing experience
- Experienced in Practice Management 1/2 years minimum required
- Strong product knowledge including high end products
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for Optics!
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on [email protected] or call our Optometry team on 01423 813452.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.