‹ Back to search results
Independent Optometrist Role, Portsmouth
An exciting opportunity to join an expanding brand who are looking for an Optomerist to join them in Portamouth.
We are currently working in partnership with an exciting brand as they expand across the UK, as they look to challenge the status quo of Optics with a new, exciting practice model.
Their service and quality is unbeatable compared to traditional retailers and Opticians and sell their products at extremely competitive prices due to the fact that they manufacture everything internally and pass the savings onto the consumer.
The practice is plush and well-equipped utilising high-tech equipment including digital phoropters and fully paperless records.
You will working alongside a small team of experienced support staff including Dispensing Opticians where you will focus purely on the clinical side of Optometry with zero sales.
This is a quality focussed business, with standard testing times of 30 minutes where you are given time to conduct a thorough eye test.
On offer is with an excellent salary on offer of circa £60000-£65000, alongside working hours of 9am-5:30pm and 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays.
If you are keen to try something different from the usual routine testing/practice environment and champion a new patient focussed service, this is an excellent opportunity for you to consider.
- Full or part-time positions available
- Days available from Tuesday-Saturday with availability taken on first come first serve basis
- Working as a sole tester alongside qualified Dispensing Optician and Optical Assistant support
- 30 minute testing times
- Focussed on sight tests with no contact lens work
- Excellent equipment including digital phoropters and paperless records amongst more
- Bespoke frame offering at exceptionally competitive price points
- Fully private service
- No sales targets!
- Well-established company operating internationally and in the UK with significant investment into expanding their UK operations over the next 12 months
- Pioneering a new model which will change traditional Optics as we know it today
Package and Benefits
- Market leading basic salary of circa £60000-£65000
- No sales or KPI's!
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- 5 weeks plus bank holidays
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Right to work in the UK
- GOC registered as an Optometrist
- 1 years experience minimum
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on [email protected] or call our Optometry team on 01423 813452.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.