‹ Back to search results
Nurse Practitioner Role, Welling
Please read on to discover more about an excellent surgery seeking to recruit a new Nurse Practitioner.
The role is at a long standing and high achieving surgery. The incoming Nurse Practitioner would be joining a strong and stable team of Partners and Salaried GP's as well as a strong clinical support team including Clinical Pharmacist's, Practice Nurses and Nurse Associates. The admin side of the surgery is also very well managed with a large team of administrators. There is a supportive and friendly environment and a close-knit team who have weekly meetings.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis
- Clinically examine and assess patient needs from physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care accordingly
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug and non-drug-based treatment methods into a management plan
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice. Engage in medication reviews.
- Encourage patients and support compliance with an adherence to prescribed treatments. Provide relevant information and advice on medication, side-effects and interactions
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care
- Support and manage health needs of women presenting for family planning, cervical cytology or sexual health consultation
- Assess, identify and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with NSF for Mental Health
- Check blood results; deal with queries and visit patients as required.
Package and Benefits
- £50,000 to £60,000 FTE
- 28 days annual leave
- NHS pension enrolment
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Have a minimum of 6 months of primary care experience
- Be an Independent Prescriber
- Ideally, hold the MSc in Advanced Clinical Skills
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity.
All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.