‹ Back to search results
Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon Job, West Glasgow
A Small Vet progressive independent practice less than an hour from Glasgow is searching for a good all-round vet to join their team. 4-day week, no OOH, 6 weeks holiday!
The practice is situated in a quaint holiday town on the River Clyde, less than an hour in the car from Glasgow. As a result, the area is surrounded by glorious Scottish nature attractions including the Three Lochs Way (Loch Lomond, The Gareloch and Loch Long) walking trail, Argyll Kayak Trail, and the Argyll Cycling Trail.
Although the practice is small, they take pride in continually investing in their facilities and equipment with all the expected veterinary toys including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, full in-house laboratory.
Currently the only permanent Vet in the team is the Practice Owner, supported by a locum Vet, and a skilled and friendly team of 3 Veterinary Care Assistants and Receptionists.
- The practice prides itself on offering a great personal service, building long lasting relationships with clients and getting to know them and their pets
- This role will be 35 hours per week spread across 4 days, with no out of hours. You will be expected to work 1 in 2 Saturdays however this only a 2 hour shift
- Monday - Friday opening times are typically 9am - 6:30pm but 5pm finishes are not uncommon
- Consult times are 15 minutes, usually between 9am - 11am and 4pm - 6:30pm, with lunch and operating slots in the middle. As a rough estimate there are ~16 consults and 2-3 ops per day
Package and Benefits
- Salary will be from £40,000 and above depending on experience
- There is plenty of scope for CPD including certificates. This will be on an ad hoc basis but it is certainly encouraged
- 6 weeks holiday including bank holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Vet fees paid
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
The practice is looking for a vet who is a good all-rounder, happy with routine procedures and consultations, as well as being comfortable with sole charge.
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.