‹ Back to search results
Orthopaedic/Soft Tissue Veterinary Surgeon Role, Leicester
J165168_1679188591 Leicestershire England £85K / Year
Exciting opportunity for a surgical bias vet to lead a team within a leading small animal hospital taking internal and external referrals, with a salary up to £85k DOE!
Are you a veterinary surgeon with an interest in Orthopaedics looking for an exciting role as part of a surgical referral team? Do you want to work alongside two experienced referral surgeons to drive forward the soft tissue and orthopaedic department of a busy tier 3 hospital and referral centre? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you! Prospect Health are pleased to be working with one of the leading veterinary care providers in Leicestershire who provide services in diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, small animal surgery to the area 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Situated just a short drive from Leicester city centre, yet just a stones' throw from the countryside and the M1, you'll have excellent transport links to the rest of the country.
As a referral surgeon, you will ideally have a certificate in small animal orthopaedics or soft tissue surgery, have experience leading a team, and are confident developing and implementing processes and procedures.
Your main duties with include managing internal and external surgical referrals, be comfortable training and mentoring other veterinary surgeons within the company and delivering CPD. To aid you in this, you will have access to excellent facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, a range of endoscopes, CT, ASIF and Synthes kits, TPLO/TTA/Tightrope, arthroscopy and Biomedtrix THR kits and much more.
This full-time 4-days a week (though part-time can be considered), 1 in 4 Saturday mornings and 1 in 15 Sundays (paid extra with bonus, plus the option to buy and sell these). In return you will be offered an excellent package of up to £85k, 5 weeks annual leave, £2k CPD (+ 7 days) and much more. If you are interested in this role, simply apply below or contact us for a confidential chat to find out more.
- Surgical role within a leading tier 3 hospital / referral centre in Leicestershire
- Working alongside 2 other experienced surgical vets driving forward the soft tissue and orthopaedic division of the business
- Access to excellent facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, a range of endoscopes, CT, ASIF and Synthes kits,
- TPLO/TTA/Tightrope, arthroscopy and Biomedtrix THR kits and much more
- 4-day week (part-time applicants can be considered)
- 1 in 4 Saturday mornings
- 1 in 15 Sundays (paid extra with bonus)
Package and Benefits
- Salary up to £85,000 depending on experience
- 5 weeks holiday per year + birthday leave day
- CPD: Up to £2K and 7 days out of the practice for CPD
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- Employee assistance programme
- Extensive learning and development programmes
- Progression opportunities, Staff discount schemes, Enhanced family
- leave policy, Enhanced sickness policy, Cycle2Work scheme and much more
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You will have a passion for small animal surgery (ideally orthopaedic) and be comfortable with this being the vast majority (if not all) of your caseload
- 4+ years small animal post graduate experience, ideally in a busy hospital setting
- Previous management experience required as you will be leading a team of surgical vets taking internal and external referrals
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this Veterinary Job please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Veterinary team on 01423 813453
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Veterinary Jobs