‹ Back to search results
Optometrist - Alternate Weekends, Bromley
A rare opportunity has become available for an Optometrist to join a well-established specialist independent practice based near Bromley.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an Optometrist who is interested in developing clinically, as the practice places an emphasis on utilising the latest technology to provide a premium eye care service to their patients.
From the initial consultation, through to choosing the right frame and lenses, the company have only one aim and that is to provide the best eye care for all the family.
They offer a wide spectrum of specialist clinics and are particularly keen to hear from Optometrists who wish to acquire their MECS qualification or fully utilise it if already qualified.
Furthermore, the practice can offer alternate weekend working which makes this a truly exceptional opportunity with an envious work-life balance on offer with no evening work.
If you're keen to join a practice where Optometry is genuinely practised differently, then this is an excellent option for you to consider.
You will take on the role of principle Optometrist within a reputable and well-established independent practice, working as the sole tester on your working days.
This is a 4 or 5 day a week position working the following day/hours:
- Monday 9-5:30
- Tuesday 9-5:30
- Friday 9-5:30
- Saturday 9-4:30
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Alternate weekend working available where a Thursday in the week will be required on the weeks where you don't work Saturdays
- Independent practice established over 30 years ago
- Single test room
- Wide range of specialist clinical services provided including MECS, Colour vision overlay and Paediatrics
- Supported by an experienced support team including a qualified Dispensing Optician/Manager with over 20 years experience
- Using paperless based patient management systems and state of the art equipment
Flexible testing times up to 45 minutes enabling exceptional high quality patient care
Known locally as being very clinical based and often get recommendations from Ophthalmologists for patients to come visit them
Package and Benefits
- Negotiable basic salary depending upon experience up to circa £55000 pro-rata
- Alternate weekend working
- Opportunity to go on further clinical courses such as MECS and Ortho-k paid for by the practice
- Free parking on-site
- Working closely alongside the practice owner where you will have a real impact in the day-day running of the business
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Qualified Optometrist required registered with GOC and NHS
- Right to work in the UK
- Independent practice experience would be of benefit but not essential
- The ideal candidate will have further qualifications/experience of MECS and specialist contact lens work but not essential as courses can be provided
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.