‹ Back to search results
Mergers & Acquisitions Director Job, Belgium
We are delighted to be supporting a global Clinical Research & Laboratory Research specialist in the medical sector who are keen to appoint a Mergers & Acquisitions Director within the business.
This is a key strategic position within the organisation and the successful candidate will take a key position in helping the business meet its exciting growth plans as it looks to build on their successes in recent years. You will have significant input and responsibility to lead the growth strategy while working alongside a senior colleague.
Given the senior nature of the role there is an expectation of senior commercial sales including Merger and acquisition of small to medium business within the Diagnostic, Pharma and Biotech Industries.
The Mergers & Acquisitions Director is responsible for accelerating the external growth of the business. You are preferably based in Belgium or Paris as an alternative. Given the global nature of the expansion plan there is a keen expectation this role will require extensive travelling: 50% to US, Asia and Europe mainly, while also having some office exposure.
Global expansion opportunity
- Working in close collaboration with the scientific and commercial management team, you will be in charge of proposing opportunities to establish capital partnerships with, or to buy laboratories/CROs.
- You are in charge of contacting the opportunities you identify, and of presenting the organisation and the merger project/acquisition opportunity.
- Elaborate the letter of interest (valuation and operational aspects) and present it to the Internal Investment Committee.
- Coordinate the multidisciplinary teams in charge of the due diligence work.
- Steer the implementation of the legal and tax structures with the relevant departments at Business and Organization level.
- Negotiate the contractual documentation.
- Formalise and monitor the integration plan.
- Manage the whole process and provide partner feedback.
Package and Benefits
- € 100,00 - € 170,000
- Performance Bonus
- Company Vehicle / Allowance
- Travel / Monthly sustenance living allowance
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client requirements
- Higher education degree (PhD, MBA, Engineering school, Business school, University...),
- At least 10 years of experience in the Diagnostics, Pharma or Biotech industry
- Have participated in/ led company acquisition or licensing projects, ideally in the Biotech or Pharma sectors on an international level
- Proven track record of successful experience in M&A, ideally in an international context
- Proven experience in Small and Medium Size Businesses, knowledge of LBO contexts is obviously a significant asset
- Demonstrated situational intelligence and understanding of the specificities of diagnostics and clinical trials
- Ability to model quickly and accurately and to propose different scenarios according to the merger projects
- Good understanding of legal and financial structures (mainly equity)
- Medical or scientific background desired
- Management skills with multidisciplinary teams without direct hierarchical link (legal, financial, HR, commercial, purchasing, science)
- Experience in identification and integration of structures
- Ability to generate trust internally and externally
- Fluent English and French
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to work in a fast-growing environment
- Strong team player
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Medical Devices team on 01423 813456