‹ Back to search results
Small Animal Vet Role, South Liverpool
Prospect Health are pleased to be working with a lovely friendly practice, just south of Liverpool who due to expansion are looking to welcome an additional Vet to their close-knit team.
We are looking for a friendly, sociable and passionate veterinary surgeon to join a well-established single site, small animal practice a short drive south of Liverpool. Their close-knit team is made up of 7 Nurses, 7 Vets and a team of 6 receptionists who all get on as friends not just colleagues, with regular nights out, food Fridays and other fun activities. Together they are dedicated to providing a high standard of care, and value and encourage professional growth for all our staff. Staff discussion is highly encouraged and there are monthly meetings and regular appraisals to recognise hard work.
The practice itself is purpose-built with off road parking, two operating theatres, in-house laboratory, tonometry and a multi parameter. There is a separate dog and cat wards, an imaging room including digital x-ray and ultrasound. They are also a cat friendly clinic and working towards being a rabbit friendly practice too.
You will see a very varied caseload which means no two days are the same. Mornings are a mix of ops and consulting, giving everyone a fair share of both and you'll be given an hour to catch up on admin tasks before your hour lunch. Afternoon consults run through until 6:30pm, again with admin breaks allowing you to catch up on things. Typically vets work a 4-day week, though there is flexibility in this. On weekends the practice is only open on Saturday mornings with it shares equally 1-in-3, however you do get breakfast paid for and you get the 4hrs given back in lieu the following week!
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, simply apply below or contact us for a confidential chat to find out more.
- Well-established 7-vet small animal practice just south of Liverpool
- Close-knit sociable team who love coming to work and make it a fun and vibrant place to be
- Dedicated and supportive team of RVNs and admin staff
- Excellent facilities including: Two operating theatres, in-house laboratory, tonometry and a multi parameter, separate dog and cat wards, an imaging room including digital x-ray and ultrasound and much more.
- Cat friendly practice and working towards becoming rabbit friendly certified too
- Excellent work life balance with 4-day week, no OOH and 1-in-3 sat mornings (with free breakfast and TOIL)
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary: £35k - £50k depending on experience
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- Generous CPD allowance with plenty of development opportunities through the wider group
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Company bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA and VDS fees paid
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK (Sponsorship available)
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 12 months post graduate small animal experience
- You must be a team player, enjoy working with others and building strong bonds with your clients
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this Veterinary Job please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Veterinary team on 01423 813453