‹ Back to search results
Mobile Veterinarian Role, Houston, Texas
Prospect Health is collaborating with one of the most reputable veterinary care groups. This excellent firm has devised a novel way of providing a service that will not only provide quality care for their clients animals, but will also give you a fantastic work-life balance and independence within your profession.
We are looking for dedicated and passionate veterinarians relocating or living in Houston.
Not only will you have a flexible, non-emergency and no weekend work schedule but you will be living in America's fourth-largest city which is a cosmopolitan destination, filled with world-class dining, arts, hotels, shopping and nightlife. Take a stroll through the historic Heights, spend the day exploring the Museum District or head down to Space Center Houston!
This chance is to operate as a mobile veterinarian, offering veterinary treatment in the comfort of your client's homes, where not only are they more relaxed, but so is their pet! This is a novel and unique manner of providing veterinary treatment that has already gained traction in a number of locales and states.
You'll be joining a terrific and dedicated organisation with a huge staff of veterinarians, vet techs, and administrative support to assist you in planning your schedule. The admin team will handle all scheduling, appointments, and payments, enabling you to focus on what you do best: providing veterinarian care, enjoying client relationships.
You will be dealing with no more than 6 visits a day and will have an advanced routing system at hand which will have planned your routes and appointments to save on any stress or complications in scheduling your day. You will be working no more than 40 hours a week, with a flexible work pattern to fit your day and have zero commitments to weekend or emergency shifts.
- Be confident in general practice with preventative care, small animal companion care, microchipping
- Work primarily with small animals (feline & canine)
- Enjoy client interactions and client education
- Have the independence and confidence to provide a nose to tail exam in a home setting
- Believe in preventative medicine (vaccination, parasitic prevention, and nutritional support)
- Have a positive, upbeat personality with all patients and their families!
Package and Benefits
- Flexible, non-emergency schedules with a max of 6 visits per day
- No weekends or Emergency work
- Fantastic health, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salaries & built-in profit/revenue sharing
- Training on treating patients in the "at-home" environment
- Admin support from our Veterinary team for scheduling, patient follow-up, and referrals
- Company vehicle accompanied by an experienced vet tech to every visit
- 14 days PTO and holiday pay
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- An ideal candidate is outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike.
- Passionate about providing high levels of clinical care.
- Minimum of 2+ years clinical experience
- A Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) from an accredited university
- State Veterinary Board Licensed and must be in good standing
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Veterinary Jobs