‹ Back to search results
Orthopaedic Joint Replacement Robotics Support Job, Scotland
Edinburgh and surrounding Scotland territory, Orthopaedic Joint Replacement / Robotics Clinical Support role available.
Are you currently working in a clinical role and have a strong knowledge of anatomy & physiology? You could be a Physio, ODP, Scrub Nurse or Paramedic and are looking to utilise your knowledge in a training capacity, working for one of the best medical device businesses in the world in a fascinating setting.
If this sounds familiar, we are currently working on an outstanding surgical training opportunity that could utilise your knowledge and experience, putting it to excellent use in the niche sector of orthopaedic joint replacement - Hip & Knee. A really exciting factor on this role is that it also has working exposure to Surgical Robotics, which is changing the way surgery is delivered and driving new standards in surgical procedure.
The role with a market leading device brand who have built an outstanding reputation and are represented in hospitals worldwide. This represents an outstanding opportunity for medical/commercial professionals who are motivated by training and educating in the orthopaedic therapy area.
In this role you will work as part of the surgical team, training and educating medical professionals on the Joint replacement portfolio & robotic technology. You will spend time in cases and liaise with the surgeons pre case to ensure implant sizing and then support during the live case.
You will provide surgeons and operating room staff with training and Clinical/Technical support in the operation of the company's robotic arm applications, associated equipment and instruments to insure ideal placement and precision. Also advising during the case on
You will also have a commercial exposure, working with internal sales professionals to develop opportunities for the business and further increase success.
This is truly remarkable opportunity that could offer you the opportunity to give your career a new lease of life while being highly engaging and delivering genuine innovation to surgical procedures.
Supporting Accounts in Scotland, particular focus around Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- Train physicians and hospital personnel, including OR staff, radiology and central sterile processing on the use of the Joint replacement portfolio including Robotics, navigation system, accessories, disposables and implants.
- Maintains and controls consigned equipment, instrument, implant and disposables inventories, processes sales orders and provides forecast input to District Sales Manager.
- Provide case coverage at existing accounts and support the development of new opportunities in the region via internal colleagues.
- Provide complete reports and associated metrics to management, direct supervisor and company's regulatory department detailing case reviews, services performed and recommendations for product, documentation and methodology improvements.
- Support company road-show demonstrations and 'Showsite' visits to provide potential customers with opportunity to see product in use and appreciation of clinical value.
- Support the development and execution of the sales plan as well as grow the utilization of the navigational system by increasing volume with current and potential surgeons.
- Actively sell the clinical benefits of the products, and build strong, positive relationships with key surgeons and OR staff at targeted accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales Representatives and Marketing to increase public awareness.
- Partner with other cross functional teams in selling the clinical benefits of the company's products, drive continuous account growth and case volume.
Package and Benefits
- £32,000 - £40,000 Basic Salary
- Bonus - Circa £10-12k year one.
- Company car or Monthly Car allowance
- Pension, Medical & Wider package
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship builder and adaptable to support clients.
- Keen interest in Orthopaedics and technology
- Working knowledge of anatomy & physiology
- Highly developed and proven written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and practical learning skills.
- Keen attention to detail, hard working, career focussed - Enthused by medical devices & surgical setting!
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Medical Devices team on 01423 813456
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.