‹ Back to search results
Clinical Pharmacist Vacancy, Somerset near Highbridge
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a dynamic and highly motivated pharmacist to join our an excellent Practice for up to 37.5 hours per week on a fixed term basis (up to 12 months).
You will be a qualified independent prescriber and we can offer a salary of £47,124 per annum (pro-rata for part time hours) along with a variety of benefits such as access to a car lease scheme, NHS pension and freedom to join our in house locum agency, Symphony Flex, with additional competitive pay rates of pay.
You will based within the GP practice, providing invaluable support to the GPs and other healthcare professionals within the multi-disciplinary team. The role will include a substantial component of face to face patient contact, as well as liaison with colleagues in community pharmacy and secondary care.
You will be proactively involved in quality improvement initiatives and contribute to the Quality and Outcomes Framework and be joining an established team of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians within Symphony Healthcare Services with full support to undertake your role.
- Provide clinical support to the practice as an independent pharmacist prescriber, seeing patients and leading on medicines optimisation.
- Support the surgery to improve medicines reconciliation on discharge, formulary compliance, repeat prescribing management and medication reviews.
- Support Symphony and Somerset CCG plans to reduce medicines waste in primary care.
- Interpret and provide complex medicines information to patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
- To provide information, advice and guidance on the safe, rational, effective and economical use of medicines.
- Undertake clinical audit and other outcome measures to support patient care and safety.
- Create and implement medicine related guidelines, policies and SOPs as appropriate to the different service areas.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive information and communication relating to pharmaceutical care of patients.
- Provide prescribing service within sphere of competency to patients in primary care, as pharmacist independent prescriber.
- To develop, advise, agree and implement action plans at a practice level, monitor the effect of changes made and ensure that any benefits are maintained in the longer term
This will include:
- Reviewing prescribing data for the practice to highlight areas where there is scope for improving the clinical effectiveness of prescribing.
- Obtaining agreement with the practice to implement medicines optimisation projects with the overall aim of following national prescribing guidance and cost effective prescribing.
- Advising GPs and other health professionals on cost effective prescribing and aiding rationalisation of drug choice via formulary/guideline/protocol development.
- Record clinical activity, interventions, KPIs and to monitor the outcome of interventions.
- Provide training on medicines on a regular basis to GP surgery staff, patients and carers in all relevant aspects of medicine use.
- To maintain knowledge of developments in pharmacy practice on a regular basis in line with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) CPD requirements
- To fulfil the professional requirements of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Good professional Practice of the GPhC
- The post holder will be responsible to the SHS Lead Pharmacist and Practice Clinical Lead, but will be expected to use their own initiative to make complex decisions within defined parameters with little supervision.
Package and Benefits
- Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours per week
- Salary £47,124.24
- Package to be negotiated
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- GPhC registration as a Pharmacist
- Certificate or MSc/Diploma Pharmacy Practice (or equivalent experience)
- Independent prescribing qualification
- At least 2 years post-registration pharmacy experience
- Clinical Pharmacy experience
- Clinical audit experience
- Knowledge and understanding Primary Care
- EMIS experience
- Previous experience of working within integrated healthcare organisations or teams
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.