‹ Back to search results
Hospital Opportunity for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon, Sheffield
Exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Vet to join a very well-regarded tier 3 hospital in the Sheffield area.
An exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon with 2+ years' experience has come up at an exceptionally well-equipped and forward-thinking tier 3 RCVS accredited hospital in the Sheffield area. This truly independent hospital has all the equipment you could ever need to carry out your duties as a vet including a CT scanner, soft-tissue and orthopaedic surgical facilities, digital X-ray, ultrasound, on-site lab and much more. The hospital has recently undergone modernisation and refurbishment which saw the addition of the CT scanner and a new end-of-life suit. Aside from the excellent facilities, this is a great opportunity to advance your career with the support of highly experienced colleagues with interests in many different areas (80% of the existing vet team either have or are working toward a certificate!). You will also have the support of a dedicated team of 20+ nurses, SVNs, VCAs and receptionists.
The practice is located right in the heart of the England with easy access to surrounding cities including Sheffield, Lincoln and Nottingham. If you are more of a countryside person, enjoy the Peak District National Park which is also right on your doorstep. The successful applicant will ideally have a minimum of 2 years' experience in small animal work and enjoy working collaboratively with a team of like-minded veterinary professionals. In return, you will benefit from a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, CPD and certificate study support and funding as well as other company benefits, such as professional membership fees, pension etc.
If this sounds like the kind of job you are looking for, simply apply below or contact us for more information.
- Independently owned RCVS accredited tier 3 hospital
- Situated in the Sheffield area with good transport links to Lincoln and Nottingham
- Excellent facilities including CT scanner!
- 11 Vet, many of whom are certificate holders (or working towards)
- 20+ nurses, SVNs, VCAs and receptionist
- 1 in 6 weekends
- No OOH (some late shifts until 11pm)
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday allowance (including bank holidays
- CPD and certificate study funded and encouraged
- Professional memberships paid for
- Other company benefits i.e. pension etc
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally you will have 2 years' experience in small animal veterinary work and be comfortable dealing with most routine 1st opinion cases
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about the profession, is keen to continue developing, and enjoys building good relationships with colleagues and clients alike
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest. All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent. Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Veterinary team on 01423 813453.