‹ Back to search results
Smal Animal Vet Role, Newcastle
We are looking for two veterinary surgeons to join a forward-thinking practice in Newcastle, one ideally with an interest in ultrasonography.
Are you a small animal veterinary surgeon looking to join a friendly and well-equipped practice with no out of hours in the North East? Then look no further, we have an exciting opportunity for a vet with a minimum of 12 months experience to join a very forward-thinking practice situated within 15 minute of Newcastle city centre. The successful applicant will have access to excellent equipment including orthopaedic kit, IDEXX, electrocautery, digital X-ray, dental X-ray, not to mention the referral standard ultrasonography equipment recently invested in. You will also get to work alongside a team of very friendly and highly experienced colleagues with the existing vets having interests ranging from orthopaedic surgery to internal medicine.
The practice is looking for two additional vets to join their team, with one ideally having experience and an interest in ultrasonography to complement their recent heavy investment in referral grade equipment. In joining the practice, you will receive a competitive salary, generous CPD allowance (including funding of a certificate if beneficial for the practice), not to mention an industry leading work life balance (4-day week, 1-in-3 Saturdays & no OOH). More importantly, you will be joining a practice that pride itself on having a working environment where all members of the team feel valued and appreciated.
If this sounds like what you are looking for then simply apply below or contact us for more information.
- Forward thinking small animal first opinion practice
- 15 minutes from Newcastle city centre
- 5 vets with experience ranging from 1 - 20 years' experience
- Head Nurse supported by 5 Full time RVN`s and a good ACA team
- Facilities include: Dental X-ray, Digital X-ray, Endoscope, Referral scanner (2021 purchase), Orthopaedic equipment, Full IDEXX lab with a recent urology machine purchase
- Full time
- 4-day week with regular day off during the week
- No OOH
- 1-in-3 Saturdays (9am - 4pm)
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous CPD allowance with certificate funding if benefits the practice
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Professional fees paid
- Employers Pension Scheme
- Discounted treatment for pets and family pets
- Discount services and memberships
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- You will have 12 months UK experience in small animal practice
- As well as a GP vet, the practice is also looking for someone who has experience in ultrasonography to move this project forward
- Friendly and able to build good relationships with colleagues and clients alike
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.