‹ Back to search results
Veterinary Surgeon Job, Albany, Georgia
We are working alongside a well-established modern 5 Doctor Hospital. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinarian to join a surgical service in one of Albany's premier speciality practices in a very desirable location. Ideal for family life and bring up children.
Albany offers a number of amazing outdoor activates for all the family to enjoy such as The Flint River Outpost with its boat ride rentals, Radium Spring Gardens, Chehaw Park & Zoo with its large alligators and Flint River Aquarium.
Prospect Health are proud to partner with a practice that has grown from its humble beginnings as an after-hours emergency clinic in 1995 to a state-of-the-art hospital with specialists in Internal Medicine, Oncology, Surgery, Cardiology, Neurology, and Ophthalmology.
Practice current referral services include boarded specialists in Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Dermatology, and Dentistry. Our facilities offer CT, radioactive iodine therapy, digital radiography, ultrasonography, and minimally invasive surgery.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel this is a good fit for you we would love to hear from you. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established modern Hospital.
This position will perform a wide range of duties including spay/neuter responsibilities in a clinic/mobile environment, performance of various other small animal surgeries, and provision of medical oversight of impounded animals.
The most competitive candidates will have a high leave of surgical experience and high volume spay/neuter experience (training available for motivated candidates with interest in this field). While the primary responsibility is the performance of sterilization surgeries (25-40/day) on small privately owned pets, ample opportunity exists to perform other soft tissue or orthopaedic surgical procedures to improve quality of life for our clients pets. In addition to surgical responsibilities, candidate will perform examinations, develop, and oversee treatment plans and medical progress of sick and injured small animals.
- Perform surgery on animals
- Operate a range of medical equipment such as x-ray machines
- Able to examine animals to assess their health and diagnose the cause of illness
- Spaying and neutering pets
- Updating pet records following each treatment and medical procedure
- Test for and vaccinate against disease
Package and Benefits
- Medical, dental + vision insurance
- Continuing education allowance
- Sign on bonus of $60,000
- Company-paid liability / malpractice / life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- 401(k) contributions Matched
- Bonus opportunities (Quarterly and annual)
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- At least two years of small animal GP experience or completion of a rotating internship
- Able to work a minimum of 25 hours/week
- Active veterinary license for the state you're applying to work in
- Excellent customer/ Bedside manner skills
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Veterinary team on 786-422-1422