‹ Back to search results
Veterinary Surgeon Job, Florida, Orlando
This Practice., based in Orlando is seeking an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their growing team. There is a wealth of veterinary experience at your service!
Staff at this practice value communication and teamwork at their hospital while promoting training and growth within team members. You will experience a relaxed, fun-loving, collaborative work environment. Working alongside team-mates including: seven emergency doctors, two boarded internist's, one boarded surgeon and two boarded neurologists.
Emergency veterinarians are able to confidently handle most emergency surgical cases, reducing the frequency of call-ins.
Hospital, offering a highly qualified staff and advanced diagnostic and treatment options. Equipment includes a 128 slice CT, 1.5 Tesla MRI, two GE Logic ultrasounds, a portable ultrasound for ICU, and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. Practice have specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Emergency & Critical Care, Neurology, and Oncology.
The Practice provides a positive work-life balance with excellent salary and benefits. They are offering paid time off, relocation, a 401K with matching, and a very generous CE allowance.
Orlando is nicknamed "the City Beautiful", The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is the 13th-busiest airport in the United States. Orlando is one of the most-visited cities in the world primarily due to tourism, major events, and convention traffic.
With the exception of the theme parks, most major cultural sites like the Orlando Museum of Art and Dr. Phillips Centrer for the Performing Arts and world-renowned night-life, bars and clubs are located in Downtown Orlando while most attractions are located along International Drive like the Wheel at ICON Park Orlando.
There are two basic seasons in Orlando a hot and rainy season, lasting from May until late October and a warm and dry season from November through April.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of experience, a great medical and surgical background and fantastic bedside manner. Ethically sound medicine and a keen sense of humour are essential. Staff strive to provide outstanding patient care, empathetic communication with pet owners, and to work as a true partner with our referring community.
The Practice is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Veterinarian to join their rapidly growing small animal only practice for up to 40 hours a week.
- Perform surgical procedures on a regular basis including HQ/HV spay/neuter, dentistry, and various soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures.
- Lead the management of cases, advocating for the best outcome for individual animals within the League's scope of care.
- Practice incremental medicine, using critical thinking and decision-making skills within the League's scope of care.
- Effectively and compassionately communicate with owners of pets and the community.
- Partner with other departments to effectively and efficiently coordinate care and quarantine of infectious disease animals.
- Consult and provide assistance to patrons and external veterinarians regarding animals cared for by the League.
- Assist with delivering League specific training programs regarding veterinary care as requested.
- Contribute to initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Manage and maintain accurate medical and surgical records.
Package and Benefits
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401 (k) Matching
- Paid time off
- Annual Company Store Allowance
- Flexible work schedules
- Relocation package
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Board certification or board eligible/residency trained
- Values integrity, exhibits superior communication and displays excellent client service and patient care
- Strong skill set to not only practice outstanding medicine but also build and foster a strong team
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.