‹ Back to search results
Business Solution Manager, Interventional Spine, Birmingham
Our client is an instantly recognisable multi award winning global device manufacturer who can offer individuals outstanding career progression, development and training. They are world renowned, have outstanding product ranges across multiple specialities and are widely regarded as the market leader.
The Business Solution Manager is a customer facing and field-based role that has the mission to create new opportunities by understanding evolving customer needs at the Executive level, develop value-added solutions and coordinate internal and external stakeholders to provide those solutions to existing and new target customers.
This role will take a broad strategic view of the external health landscape, contributing to market access strategy and collaboratively develop business solutions to deliver profitable sustainable revenue growth within the division and cross-divisionally, reducing complexity and enhancing customer experience.
The role reports to the identified country divisional leader. The BSM will coordinate with the key divisional stakeholders to build strong customer relationships in targeted accounts. In addition, the role is instrumental in ensuring cross-divisional collaboration, resource optimization and communication throughout the organization.
If you are looking for that 'NEXT STEP' in your devices career, this could be the perfect opportunity to continue your development within one of the best businesses in the entire market.
Candidates looking to be considered must have a proven pedigree within surgical sales with direct experience in spine and be able to travel Nationwide to support internal and external audiences.
- Business Planning - Strategy 30%
Develop business plans to establish short-term, mid-term and long-term goals for the division and customer.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions, pricing strategy and differentiators with a view to develop and implement new business solutions, advance the spinal portfolio and distribution channels where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively and provide input to key stakeholders to include Market Access, Commercial Services, Government Affairs, Finance, Legal, Compliance or Clinical teams.
- Focus on targeted accounts 40%
Identify, select and prioritize strategic targeted accounts, relevant commercial opportunities and value-added business solutions that have collaborative results for the customer, delivering simplicity and reducing complexity.
- Be the interface with the target group at Executive level on various customer types (hospitals, GPOs, insurance companies, public administration) leading to a better customer experience.
- Engage in consultation with applicable functions such as Commercial Services, Legal, Finance and Compliance, Clinical, Medical Education and R&D to ensure developed solutions are in line with Stryker expectations and guidelines and preserve appropriate separation from commercial interests where required.
- Identify key points on the customers strategic agenda. Understand customer needs as they may be affected, prioritize as they relate to the company culture, and utilize internal relationships and resources to lead and implement value-added solutions.
- Strong Emphasis on Demonstrated Cross-divisional collaboration 30%
- Be an active champion of collaboration by engaging with cross-divisional peers and Commercial Services to actively identify and develop opportunities that result in accelerated growth for the business.
Align and coordinate strategic accounts, opportunities and value-added business solutions with other divisions, leveraging the approach as "One Company collective".
- Understand and champion the Win Big Together collaboration model within the division.
- Be the main point of contact in the division for relevant cross-divisional opportunities in target accounts.
- Share best practices across the network of BSMs and other stakeholders.
- Actively communicate and share projects, opportunities and developed solutions internally with General Managers, Business Solution Managers, Country leaders across divisions and countries in the region. Support country organisation with pipeline management.
- Leverage an extensive network internally with division leaders, key division stakeholders, enabling functions, other division BSMs to maximise output.
Package and Benefits
- £55-£75k Basic - Depending on experience
- Bonus - Circa 30% year one - Uncapped, overachieve available.
- Car Allowance or Executive level company car
- Pension, training, medical
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client requirements
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Demonstrate expertise with CRM systems.
- Experienced on tender/contract management.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams through influence and not authority.
- Current or previous track record of success preferably with an understanding of the healthcare environment
- Documented success of relationship building stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Preference for multiple years of experience in areas listed above.
- Customer focus. Keep the customer's needs at the centre of all planning activities, encourage communication, drive execution, and foster innovation, as a means of providing a best-in-class service
- Ability to engage customers at Executive level (KOLs, Hospital Director, C-suite) within the healthcare environment, with particular focus on procurement regulated environment.
- Strong ability to navigate complexity and negotiate large scale cross-divisional deals.
- Ability to influence, communicate and cascade relevant information within matrix environment.
- Represent the company brand with high ethics and integrity. Strong understanding and application of legal and ethical standards, including applicable competition, anti-bribery laws, and industry codes of practice for developing compliant business solutions.
What Happens Next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at [email protected] or call our Medical Devices team on 01423 813456