‹ Back to search results
Consultant in CRHT and Inpatient Psychiatry Job, Coventry
Prospect Health are now proud to be working alongside a large UK NHS trust and have been tasked with locating a number of consultant psychiatrists to join the expanding CRHT, in-patient and old age psychiatry teams in Coventry.
This is CRHT and inpatient position. There are 2 roles available, with 5 PA's spent within the Coventry crisis team and 5.5 PA's as inpatient consultant, totalling 10.5.
It is an exciting opportunity to join an established inpatient and crisis team. The appointment is for a whole time Equivalent Consultant Psychiatrist (or equivalent job-share) to provide leadership in partnership with another consultant colleague and multidisciplinary teams and to participate in providing postgraduate training to the trust including Training Scheme and undergraduate education for medical students from the medical school.
This post has come about from a vacancy in the inpatient department and a planned expansion of the CRHT team.
A detailed job description and indicative timetable are available once you have registered your interest with us. The Plan will be agreed between yourself and the associate medical director, with the opportunity to incorporate specialist areas of interest. (7.8 direct clinical care and 2.7 for supportive tasks is generally expected).
The Trust expects consultants to take a leadership role and be involved with management within their clinical teams. A brief outline of these key requirements are detailed below
- Management Responsibility
As a Consultant, you may have a line management responsibility for the junior/ specialist grade doctors working in your team. You will also participate in local Consultant meetings and monthly Medical Advisory Committee meetings you will be encouraged to give clinical input to groups considering service issues or developments commensurate with your timetable and particular areas of expertise
Members of the team are expected to take their leadership roles seriously by being involved with the management of their clinical teams and working with other senior teams members to ensure:
- Colleagues have been made aware of the professional status and specialisms of all members of the team and subsequently who is responsible
- The teams have clear objectives understand the personal and collective responsibilities involved
- Effective communication across the multi-disciplinary team
- All members of the team have had an opportunity to discuss issues and that they understand why decisions have been taken.
- Salary: £79,860-107,668 per annum
- Annual leave: NHS annual leave entitlement + 8 bank holidays
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Primary medical qualification ( MD, MBBS e.t.c )
- A postgraduate qualification in Psychiatry e.g. Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent
- GMC registration and inclusion on the specialist register in Mental Health, or Speciality Trainees within 6 months of completing CCT
- Eligible for Approved Clinician status and Approval under section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- A minimum of 6 years postgraduate experience in psychiatry including substantial training/experience in General Adult psychiatry in acute/ CRHT settings.
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.