‹ Back to search results
Registered Veterinary Nurse, Near Halifax, West Yorkshire
A fantastic opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a busy small animal practice with a very varied and interesting case-load on a competitive salary based near Halifax.
This progressive practice is seeking a new RVN to join their busy, friendly team. Working alongside a close knit team, this practice encourages nurses to follow individual interests whilst still being involved in all areas of practice.
This practice is really keen to create a learning environment and always open to improving and developing. The team itself is supported with team meetings, 1:1s and has enough experience that there is always someone there to assist and give advice. The practice is keen for its nurses to get involved with every aspect of nursing from anaesthetics, nurse clinics and schedule 3 procedures and much more.
The practice seeks to work up as many cases as possible and with one of the senior vets having a certificate in surgery the case-load and level of procedures performed are diverse and varied.
The practice is also equipped with gold standard, state-of-the-art technology and facilities such as:
- Digital X-ray
- IM3 X-ray
- Anaesthetic monitoring equipment
- Dental X-ray
- Surgical Suite
- In house Labs
- Separate dog, cat and isolation wards
- Plus many more
- Working full time on a 4 day weekly rota
- 40 hours a week
- 1 in 3 Saturdays
- No OOH
The position will cover a vast range of challenging yet enjoyable responsibilities that will in return, advance your knowledge and skill set in your veterinary career.
These responsibilities include:
- Nursing Consults
- Assisting the Vets
- Assisting Schedule 3 Surgery Procedures
- Clinical work
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Medical Duties
- Plus many more
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Excellent discounts with PAH, groom room, Vets4Pets etc.
- Paid memberships - RCVS, VDS etc.
- £500 CPD allowance
- Post-graduate courses would definitely be supported
- 5 weeks off, going up to 6 weeks after working with us for 2 years
- Birthday off
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must be a qualified and RCVS Registered Veterinary Nurse
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a positive and hard working worth ethic
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest. c
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.