‹ Back to search results
Head of Nursing Manager Job, Chippenham
A new and exciting opportunity has opened for an experienced Nurse Manager to join a Chippenham team.
If you are seeking a person-centred team that work hard to deliver exceptional care to its patients, this could be the role for you. Based in Chippenham, you will be the head of the Nursing team which includes non-medical prescribers. You must be a non-medical prescriber, acting as an autonomous practitioner in this dual role.
As a part of your managerial duties, you will be taking responsibility for the learning and development planning of your team, which includes ensuring that both internal and external sessions are utilised. You will work closely with the rota team, ensure sickness is covered and undertake recruitment. You will liaise between associated teams and implementing the organisational policies. Audit and clinical governance ensure high quality care is maintained. The managerial aspects will make up the majority of your hours.
The other aspect of this role is clinical hours, which are undertaken as an autonomous, prescribing practitioner as OOH shifts which are both face to face, triaged, or in the home setting. You will identify your professional development needs to maintain registration with NMC.
- Ability to act as clinical expert and role model for other prescribers
- Contribute to the clinical team, encourage/partake in professional development
- Plan and implement learning using internal and external resources
- Plan recruitment, sickness leave, rotas and manage resources
- Cope with crisis and conflict in times of pressure
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Maintain registration for yourself and your team, with professional body
- Audit, governance and evaluation
- Support safeguarding of adults and children
Package and Benefits
The role is both Practitioner and Manager level, including but may not be exclusive to:
- £60,000 - £70,000
- 37.5 hours required
- Some autonomous sessions Out Of Hours, weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays
- Up to 38 days holiday
- Private healthcare enrolment and Life Assurance
- Pension enrolment
- Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
The successful candidate will be :
- Qualified Advanced Nurse/Clinical Practitioner
- Registered with professional body
- MSc Non-Medical Prescribing
- Experience of nurse team management, including audit and governance
- Evidence of continued learning and development
- Background in primary care, urgent care or OOH/Walk in centres
- Confident autonomous practitioner
- 5 years post registration experience
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this GP role then please click the 'Apply' button. On submission an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the practice without your prior consent.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.