Manufacturing Logistics Manager Role, Stowmarket
Are you an experienced Logistics professional, confident people manager who is able to define and implement a slick process and drive operational performance? If this sounds like you then I hope the following opportunity could strongly appeal!
We are supporting a long standing Uk Medical Device manufacturer who are experiencing high growth in the UK and Internationally. They are a well know supplier in the Hospital sector and are looking to appoint a Manufacturing logistics manager.
The successful candidate will take the key lead in all matters Logistics, working closely with internal stakeholders to drive efficiency, performance, process and take complete ownership of National and International deliveries.
You will lead and manage an existing logistics team based around the UK.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a business who want to double turnover in the next 5 years and you will take a key lead to help the business achieve this.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE 2 YEARS LOGISTICS EXPERIENCE WITH MANAGEMENT TO BE CONSIDERED.
The Manufacturing Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective flow of materials and products throughout the manufacturing process. This includes, coordinating transportation logistics, optimizing warehouse operations, and ensuring timely delivery of goods to customers. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills, a solid understanding of manufacturing operations, and the ability to streamline processes to maximize efficiency and reduce costs.
- Site Based Role - Suffolk
- Develop and implement strategic plans to optimize logistics operations, including inventory management, transportation, and warehousing.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as production, procurement, and sales to ensure smooth material flow and on-time delivery of finished goods.
- Monitor inventory levels and implement inventory control measures to minimize stockouts and excess inventory.
- Oversee the selection and management of transportation vendors and negotiate favourable terms and rates.
- Implement and maintain systems and processes for tracking shipments, inventory, and warehouse operations.
- Analyse logistics data to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and safety standards in logistics operations.
- Lead and develop a team of logistics personnel, providing coaching, training, and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with suppliers and customers to improve supply chain visibility and optimize logistics processes.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in logistics management.
Package and Benefits
- £40k- £60k basic salary - depending on experience
- Annual bonus - Performance related circa 10%
- Fully expensed company car - Electric or car allowance
- Pension & Wider package
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in logistics management within a manufacturing environment, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of logistics and supply chain principles, including inventory management, transportation, and warehousing.
- Proficiency in using logistics management software and systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify process bottlenecks and implement effective solutions.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and influence cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities, with a focus on meeting deadlines and managing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and safety standards in logistics operations.
- Professional certifications in logistics or supply chain management are desirable.
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
Do you have experience of people management and commercial leadership within the hospital / medical device industry? Read more