Medical Affairs Manager Medical Imaging - UK & Benelux
Are you currently working as a Medical Affairs Manager within the pharmaceutical or device sector and want to help deliver continued success for a leading global brand within Medical Imaging?
We are a long standing global brand who are highly respected brand within their specialist sector of Diagnostic and Interventional imaging within the hospital sector. You will work alongside and lead a talented team to strategise success at a local and international level within established markets of UK and Benelux.
You will work alongside internal management to ensure the business can provide the required support and deliver innovation for its respected client base - you will directly support clients, identify opportunities, develop process, drive innovation and contribute to overall business successes.
ABPI AND MEDICAL SIGNATORY IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE, CANDIDATES WIHTOUT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
You will lead the development of the medical affairs strategy and programs within the UK/Benelux cluster.
This role will be responsible to ensure accurate, robust and appropriate medical/scientific exchange with internal and external stakeholders.
You will be the signatory medical doctor or pharmacist qualified person for the cluster. A registration as local Qualified Person in Pharmacovigilance (QPPV) for Benelux is desirable.
- UK and BENELUX - Established client bases with opportunity to expand
- Based UK with occasional travel to Netherlands / Belgium supporting business operations as required.
- The Medical Affairs Manager Cluster lead will bring strong leadership qualities, high level of cross-functional collaboration and the ability to influence across all levels of the organisation. Passion for the patient community and commitment to patient advocacy are paramount for this position:
- Implements locally the PV policy according to the Group PV policy, strategy and objectives as defined by the Head of the Corporate PV department.
- Is in charge of the local scientific and regulatory intelligence in PV. Provides his/her expertise and support to analyze the impact of new regulations and to apply them. Is responsible for the local compliance with the applicable quality referential and their evolution in his country.
- Is the contact person dealing with the authorities for RA
- Checks the legal and regulatory compliance as well as the scientific content of the documentation sent by Corporate RA department. Submits variations, renewals or new marketing authorization applications to his competent authority. Attaches any relevant documentation according to the local requirements.
- Manages product quality complaints.
- Checks the compliance with the good practices (GMP, GDP, GCP).
- Implements locally and communicates about the quality assurance system and its evolution.
- Revises and approves promotional materials according to the law in force.
- Revises and validates the scientific documentation used for the education of the sales force (e-learning…).
- Is responsible for providing medical information whenever a customer is asking a scientific, medical or radiological question related to the products.
- Participates to the Medical Information Network dealing with such questions at the Group level.
- Is the contact person dealing with the authorities and ethical committees
- Identifies clinical sites with potential investigators for future clinical studies. Proposes them to the Corporate Clinical Development department.
Package and Benefits
- £75-88K basic
- Annual bonus 15%
- Fully expensed company car or Car Allowance.
- Pension, Corporate Package
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Scientific degree (MD, PhD or PharmaD) AND ABPI certification are essential
- Confirmed experience and qualifications to locally mange PV and RA activities
- Good knowledge about the administrative tasks related to clinical studies.
- Good competencies in contrast media and medical devices are an asset
- 5 years' experience or more in Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical/Medical Devices field
- Prior experience as a medical affairs manager is a must.
- Proven track record of relationship development in the industry.
- Proven ability and experience to present complex scientific data.
- Prior exposure to complex matrix organizations or experience working as part of a virtual team is a plus.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organizational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
- Fluent in English
- Desirable: Dutch & French both spoken and written.
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
Not the right job for you? Click for more Medical Device Jobs
Experienced Medical Affairs Manager in pharma/device sector sought for global Medical Imaging brand's success Read more