Qualifications and requirements to work as a Doctor in Saudi Arabia
To practice as a consultant in Saudi Arabia you have to prove that you have the following certifications as a doctor:
1. Generally speaking, the ideal candidate would possess CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training), or equivalent certification, in their specialist area with a minimum of 2 years’ substantive post experience. The equivalents accepted from other countries include:
• UK CCST/CCT
• American / Canadian Board Registration,
• Facharzt (German)
• French Board (DES/CIS)
• Australian or New Zealand Fellowships
• Greece (CCT)
• Italy (Diploma de Medical Specilista/Medcinagenerale)
• Swedish & Denmark (BEVIS)
• Netherlands (BEWJIS)
2. A grasp of the Arabic language is always helpful but all hospitals will expect excellence in spoken English or an IELTS score. In rural postings and some emergency departments Arabic will be expected.
3. Female doctors are preferred for some specialism’s, especially Obstetrics and Gynaecology roles, Dermatology and IVF and Fertility Medicine
Saudi Arabia – Compliance, documentation requirements for visa’s and attestation of your qualifications.
To work in Saudi Arabia there are a few stages you need to go through to get your visa and qualify your credentials.
It’s a good idea to have all the documents you can ready as digital copies before you start the application process to stop unnecessary delays.
The good news is that we are here every step of the way to help and guide you through this process.
To start with get in touch with Dataflow to start your PSV. Having this done first will shorten the time required to get you over to Saudi.
Once that is complete you will have to apply for your license from the Saudi commission for health specialties, however this is generally done by the employer and at the very least the employer will be on hand to assist.
We will also be on hand to help you with the documentation process and we also have preferred partners we work with who can help you arrange your visas and other areas of the document attestation process. Please CONTACT US if you want advice on pulling the documents you require together.