What Qualifications do I need to apply for a Doctors job in the Qatar?
To practice as a consultant in Qatar you have to prove that you have the following certifications and qualification level as a doctor:
Generally speaking, the ideal candidate would possess CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training), or equivalent certification, in their specialist area.
The equivalents accepted from other countries include:
• American / Canadian Board Registration
• Facharzt (German)
• CIS/DES (French)
• Australian or New Zealand Fellowships
• Swedish & Denmark (BEVIS)
• European Board
• Finland (CST)
• Ireland (CSCST)
• Italy (Diploma de Medical Specilista/Medcinagenerale)
• Singapore (JCST)
• Switzerland (Specialist qualification from the FDHA or master of advanced studies)
In addition, you should also have a minimum of 2 years’ substantive post experience or one year and a fellowship in the corresponding specialism.
A grasp of the Arabic language is always helpful but all hospitals will expect excellence in spoken English or an IELTS score
Female doctors are preferred for some specialism’s, especially Obstetrics and Gynaecology roles, Dermatology and IVF and Fertility Medicine.